Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

ok here is the recipe I tried to follow.

Savory Chicken Pie

Paula Deen

Let me just say here I CAN NOT BAKE. However I figured well, how hard could this be and Jeremy got me a standing mixer for my birthday..so dough should be easier. And of course I cheated and bought a ready made chicken from the store and removed the skin and shredded that. Also this isnt Paula's recipe it is that of a guest on her show.

Ok so offi start getting my stuff prepped and ready SOOOO EXCITED to be using my new mixer and making pot pie!

And well hmmm something isnt right the dough isnt dough at all its paper mache paste!!!! So, with tears in my eyes and a pissed off attitude I had to get Jeremy and have him do it.  I had to scrap out my mess into the garbage and let him start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Round 2..of course Jeremy's came out PERFECT!!! UGHHHHHH and ARGGGGGG apparently you need 1/2 or less of the water the recipe called for.  Now after we cooked it all, I went to the site to write my review as i tend to do, and well wish I would have read the other reviews.  1st off most of them didnt even use this crust recipe they had ones they used as standards and the few that did use it KNEW to use a lot less water.

Let me just say WTF! How is a person supposed to learn to be a cook/chef when the professionals you seek out to help you can't even write the recipe right! :(

Now having had my gripe moment

It was really good. Next time though  the top layer of crust needs thinner lol it was a heavy meal for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment