Monday, January 17, 2011

So, what I did this evening

When Jeremy rode over to the produce market the other day he brought back some extra veggies and they had to be used or be tossed, and I hate tossing food.  So, I defrosted a couple of chicken breasts and decided I was going to roast the veggies and potatoes and figure out something interesting for the breasts.

So here is the the marinade I made for the breasts.  No mind you I forgot to marinade them, would have been TONS better had I actually marinaded.  Also, I cant give you exact quantities because frankly it depends on how many chicken breasts or pieces you are going to use. But here is what I combined.

Mustard
Honey
Worcestershire
Soy Sauce
Pepper
Garlic
Butter

Marinade the chicken then cook in the oven and YUMMY YUM YUM!

As for the roasted veggies and potatoes....Ok 1st of I cooked the 2 potatoes in the microwave until almost done. Then I sliced into thick chips.  I cut a red pepper into strips, and cut a tomato in half.

The cookie sheet I used got a light oil coating.  All the stuff going on it got butter, honey, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and the tomato got a sprinkle of bread crumbs.

The corn and the potatoes seemed to come out good. Didnt like the peppers or the tomato too mushy.

Alex LOVED the chicken and the potatoes.

Not sure Jeremy liked any of it, but I loved the chicken and the potatoes and the corn, lol.

If you give any of this a try let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment