Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tonight was sorta my own

Ok so Jeremy and I both had a craving for sloppy joes, and well i wanted to make my own. I know probably cheaper to buy the can at the store, but not as much fun.

So I went to the web and looked around for recipes. I couldn't find any that I liked so Jeremy and I decided to play. He wanted to be my Prep Chef..isnt that the cutest thing ever! So earlier in the day when I realized I didnt have pepers he got on his bike and rode to the produce market.

Then he chopped my pepper, my onion and browned my meat for me...like I said so cute!

So here is what we did.

1 red peper
1 onion
1 garlic clove (i use jar minced garlic)
1 lb ground beef (you can use whatever though, like turkey)
1 tablespoon of majaram
salt
pepper
1 14oz can of diced tomatos
1/2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of steak sauce/marinade
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
a sprinkle of cayane pepper

Chop all your vegitables to a nice smaller size

Put a bit of oil in the bottom of a skillet and then add the vegitables, including the garlic and cook until they start to get transparent. Once they are done, remove them from the skillet and put them aside for later.

Add the ground meat to the skillet and then cook until browned.

Add back in the vegies and mix it up.

Add the rest of the ingredients.

Cook until some of the liquid renders off to a sloppy joe consistancy you like.

Be sure that you taste taste taste to make sure you get it to the flavor you like.

Make sure you toast your buns for serving it makes ALL the difference in the world

We liked it .. if you give it a shot let me know whatcha think!

No comments:

Post a Comment